same-sex marriage
Same-sex marriage isn't absolutely legal in Taiwan. However, the Constitutional Court rules the same-sex couples have the right to marry, and Legislative Yuan has two years to amend the marriage laws. Currently, there are nine cities including 94 percentage of the population allow same-sex couples to register, though the rights are less than traditional marriages.
Due to the government inaction and strong opposition from conservatives and Christian groups, the process of implement of same-sex marriage law goes forward slowly. In fact, there are most of elders couldn't accept the law in this generation. In November 2018, the Taiwanese electorate vote holds the poll to allow for same-sex marriage. Unfortunately, the result is disappointed to same-sex couples.
In my view, same-sex marriage should be legislated in our country's law because everyone is equal to own this right, "marriage." Actually, same-sex people have been existed from the beginning of the origin of people. Because the past society doesn't allow this existence, people who love others with the same sex are afraid of recognizing their true sex-orientation. Therefore, they conceal their sex-orientation to meet the social expectation. I believe the quick advancement of Internet could influence the thinking of elder people, and make them realize this issue more clearly.
In my view, same-sex marriage should be legislated in our country's law because everyone is equal to own this right, "marriage." Actually, same-sex people have been existed from the beginning of the origin of people. Because the past society doesn't allow this existence, people who love others with the same sex are afraid of recognizing their true sex-orientation. Therefore, they conceal their sex-orientation to meet the social expectation. I believe the quick advancement of Internet could influence the thinking of elder people, and make them realize this issue more clearly.





Hi, I'm Judy. I really agree with you that "same-sex marriage should be legislated in our country's law." To be honest, nowadays, many people in Taiwan still think that gay can't be exist. This kind of thinking is really unfair and wrong. All human-beings have the same right. We can choose who we want to get together. I truly hope that the law in Taiwan can be legislated in our near future!
回覆刪除i really agree with that everyone has his or her right to get married with the one they loved. however, whether to pass the same-sex marriage law is still an issue that should be consulting for a long time. people nowadays are not really accept the concept of gay, so even though the law was passed, it still need much courage for them to admit their sexual orientation.-1062943michelle
回覆刪除It is a heated topic . And I believe we are going to make a different in this generation. Sometimes we as the new generation ,really grow in a brand-new environment which entitle us to have different mode of thinking .We like to treat and to be treated as an individual .For us ,liberty always comes to the first.I can tolerate all forms of love . I love the one ,standing in front of me ,alive ,no matter what . That is my attitude towards love .
回覆刪除Hello Alice~
回覆刪除From my perspective, same-sex couples also should have their right to be legal recognition. Because love is equal between everyone which is not related to gender.Although there are a majority of people still can't accept it, more and more people can understand it. I believe things must be better in our generations. Besides, I like the sentence " Due to the government inaction and strong opposition from conservatives and Christian groups, the process of implement of same-sex marriage law goes forward slowly. "most.Because you used the words "due to" and many accurate nouns such as "opposition,implement".
Hello, my name is Bella. I’m so happy that the same-sex marriage is absolutely legal in Taiwan! Your opinion is the same with me. Love is gender-neutral. You can't discriminate against each other because you like the same gender. So, I think there is no right and wrong between the issues.
回覆刪除1062940 Crystal
回覆刪除Equal love! Love has power, love makes people strong. “Taiwan is now the first Asian country to allow marriage equality. Let’s celebrate every step in the right direction.” Love wins! And everyone has right to get marriage. I love love, I love rainbow. Support and care about them. Love is equal!